Catrina I do still need help.

#22 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 May 2011 - 06:06 PM

I believe that "Paintball" page is just a normal page, not a category page containing posts. I think you'll need to set up a category page for "Paintball" first and then add that link to the navigation menu using custom menus.

#23 mark8213

mark8213

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 06:36 PM

Ok I am not really sure of the difference between the pages. All the pages I set up are all set up the same way. Under pages I added a page, Gave it a name under Menu Name, and added the categories from the left. Now if you go here

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

you see "custom link added" and Paintball which go to the same place,

I guess what I want is to be able to go to a category via the navigation at the top. With out it saying Currently viewing the category: "Paintball" as it currently does on

#24 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 May 2011 - 06:39 PM

Ah, I see it now. If you use a Custom Menu (Appearance > Menus), you can add the link

as a menu item to the primary navigation. That way, when you click on it in the menu, it goes to the category page automatically. Once you've done that, there is a way to hide that "Currently viewing..." text at the top of the page and you won't need a separate normal "Paintball" page.

#25 mark8213

mark8213

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:44 PM

Thanks for the help. I made one menu and under that put all the categories as custom links and nested the ones i wanted to go in the drop down. all works like i want it to. The only thing left that I cant figure out is the removal of the "Currently Viewing..." text at the top. Anyone know the answer to that?

#26 timlinson

timlinson

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1032 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 03:12 AM

The only thing left that I cant figure out is the removal of the "Currently Viewing..." text at the top. Anyone know the answer to that?

- Go to PlatformPro > Settings > Template Setup.
- Select "Posts Page Content Area" from the dropdown and move "Posts Info" to the inactive area.

#27 mark8213

mark8213

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:29 AM

Thanks for the help guys. Much appreciated.