• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 scjinc123

scjinc123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:05 PM

I would like to add an icon to the post footer sharing box that will allow the reader to send the article via e-mail. Is this something that I can add? Thanks! Jenny

#2 timlinson

timlinson

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1032 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:49 AM

I think the place you're talking about is the sharebar. To do this, make a custom sharebar template as described here in this doc page, and add your icon/link to the template. Do you feel comfortable doing this type of customization?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Overriding Section Templates

Adding new templates for adding sections to is really easy as of PlatformPro 1.3.

To override a section template, for example, the ???sharebar??™ section, just add a file called ???template.branding.php??™ to the child theme. This will become the new template for that section.

Then just grab the template code from that section and paste it in your overriding file.

Now you can edit that code to your heart??™s content, without fear of it being overwritten by updates.

#3 scjinc123

scjinc123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 04:36 PM

Honestly, no I'm not sure how to begin with that. Maybe I was not clear when describing my problem. I am using PlatformPro. When editing the PlatformPro settings and click on the "Blogs and Posts" button on the left side it brings up the Blogs and Posts info screen. On this screen it has a section called "Post Footer Sharing Icons". I would like to add an icon that will allow the user to share the article via e-mail that is similar to these icons (ideally, the new icon would show up directly adjacent to these icons). Thanks for your help!

#4 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:47 PM

Okay here is more detail. You need to use the PlatformBase child theme. Create a file in the root of that folder called template.sharebar.php and paste this into it. ` ` Then you can add any html necessary for another icon.

#5 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:48 PM

If the formatting is weird, reference the original section.sharebar.php file in the PlatformPRO - SEctions - WP folder for cleaner markup.