Photo
- - - - -

How to remove Search box in Platform (not Pro!)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ivanw

ivanw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:27 AM

I am using Plaform, the free version. Can I remove the Search box from the Header? (I have tried to find this info elsewhere but my search results only show an answer for WHP). If there is no "tick box" option, can I edit one (or more) of the templates? Many thanks, Ivan

#2 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 02:00 PM

Hi Ivan, Can't remember this off the top of my head. But, you couldn't find it in header.php? You may need to use a filter on one of the header functions.

#3 ivanw

ivanw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:13 PM

Hi Kate, Thanks for the reply. I looked but couldn't see anything "obvious" in header.php (but that may be me rather than it not being there!). Any other suggestions? Thanks.

#4 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:38 PM

If you don't see the option under the Header and Nav options then it doesn't exist in the free version. How do you have access to this forum if you are using the free version?

#5 ivanw

ivanw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:39 PM

I simply clicked on "Forum" in my Wordpress Platform Settings and it asked me to register!

#6 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:53 PM

oh weird, I thought the forum was only for -pro users.

#7 oe800

oe800

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 03:26 PM

I was wondering the same thing. The solution I found was to modify the file themes/platform/sections/nav/section.nav.php Comment out or remove the following line if(!pagelines_option('hidesearch')){ get_search_form(); }

#8 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 May 2011 - 04:03 PM

Note that if you modify the file, the modification won't carry over when you upgrade the theme.