3 replies to this topic

#1 hyest

hyest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 12:47 AM

Hello, I always try for quite a few hours before I ask a question... but anyways what I'm trying to do is show the top 5 most recent posts (with excerpts) on my static home page, and have it look just like it does on my current "news" page. I've messed with widgets and shortcodes from the widgets but they all took on a different look. Anyone know how I can accomplish this in the area on the home page where it has "[rps]"? Here's the home page: http://www.hyestpc.com/latinobeatz.com I would like to show the top 5 recent posts and have it look just like this page: http://hyestpc.com/l...beatz.com/news/ By the way, I also tried using the content sidebar, but realized that would still show under the actual page content that you would setup in the "pages" area, and it doesn't show excerpts nor have the same look as the "news" page. I would imagine I'd either have to edit a PHP page or have a shortcode for it to work (and retain the same theme look) Thanks for any help! (btw using Station Pro theme) Chris

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:06 PM

If you want your home page posts to be in excerpt mode, go to Theme Options > Pages And Posts > Post Excerpt Placement and check the box next to Only on blog pages and search.

#3 hyest

hyest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 07:25 AM

Hi Catrina,

Thanks for the reply. I know what you mean by doing what you said, but that still won't make the posts show up on my "alternate static page" in that page area I noted.

I saw someone post the wordpress loop for posts on another forum (the php code). I just have to figure out how to get that loop (and set it to 5 posts) in to the area I specified above.

After my latest venture with buddypress and ecopro though, I feel like I should be able to figure it out at some point, if I can just find out how to integrate that wordpress loop in to that content area.

Here's a post of climbing a mountain of success with ecopro/buddypress:

EcoPro BuddyPress Fix

#4 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 01:21 PM

Hi Christopher, There's a plugin called Query Post by Justin Tadlock that allows you to call posts from within a page. Might be helpful.