3 replies to this topic

#1 dawnsnewdaymaccom

dawnsnewdaymaccom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 06:27 AM

I'm using StationPro and WP updated to 3.1.1. I need to create a '2nd footer section' that would allow the user access to main menu items to avoid returning to 'top of page' as pages increase in length due to added content. Also, it would offer a nice element to the page. Additional information would include access to policy statement and disclaimer. Here I would also place site motto and one or two other items. I desire to maintain simplicity in footer presentation. An example of style: http://support.mozil...uestions/809057 Sometime back I had code to place in the Custom Code area that generated the desired padding/backing(?), but it has since been misplaced. I would like your help in generating the proper code that would allow a 2nd footer and desired content. In addition, the desired spacing between sections must be maintained. See my site: http://www.prallagon.com Thanks for your help.

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 April 2011 - 05:04 PM

Rather than adding a second footer, I think you can just add to the footer that's already there (where the "All Rights Reserved..." info is) so you don't have to create anything extra. In this same section, you can also add the Policy Statement and Disclaimer. From there, that section can be stylized using CSS to achieve the look you want. How did you add the "All Rights Reserved" info?

#3 dawnsnewdaymaccom

dawnsnewdaymaccom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 04:40 AM

Thanks Catrina, The "All Rights Reserve" & the statement just above it were placed in the more_foot file. My idea was to create a separate 'padded' section that harmonized with that above. But, using your suggestion, how can the black padding be extended using CSS (not to include nor interfere with the current three column footer) and still be used to incorporate the suggested wording? I am not CSS proficient.

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:27 PM

But, using your suggestion, how can the black padding be extended using CSS (not to include nor interfere with the current three column footer) and still be used to incorporate the suggested wording?

A different CSS selector could be used for that section so that it's still in the same area as the three column footer, but it's not part of it. For example...

secondfooter would be name of the area for your extra content and it'd be customized using CSS with the selector, div.secondfooter. It wouldn't be using the same CSS as the current three column footer, so it wouldn't interfere.

Does that make sense?