Hide feature image from gallery shortcode

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 adonnan

adonnan

• Members

• 24 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:31 AM

Hey, this is my first forum post. I've mucked around with pagelines pro for two days now and am very impressed. I love it.

When I make a blog entry, many times my images are collages. This works well on the full post, but the feature image looks best when it is not a collage (i.e. one horizontal & one vertical etc)

How would I set it up so that the feature image selection is excluded from the gallery in the full post? If you look at my example link, you'll see the first image is the feature image, but I have that same photo in a collage image too.

Example Post:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

This is the wordpress shortcode I used for that blog entry.

There may be a few ways to go about doing this, so I thought it would be best to poll the audience before I rack my brains on it.

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 April 2011 - 04:13 PM

If you'd like to hide the full-size first image that appears in that post, you can add this to the gallery shortcode:

You can replace the number 21 with the attachment ID for the full-size image you want to exclude. In this case, the ID number for it is 120 (I found this ID number by looking at your website's source code, but you can find it by looking at your blog post content in HTML editor mode), so your gallery shortcode for the blog post should look like this:

#3 adonnan

adonnan

• Members

• 24 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:39 PM

Wonderful. Thank you for that information. (note to self: check codex first)