Photo
- - - - -

Omit/Include Carousel in specific categories.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 austin

austin

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:16 PM

Hi, What is the best way to include Carousel in specific Categories for posts? Which hooks and which files should be edited/created? This is an existing blog and I am attempting to include the Carousel in category id 48 "apples" while omitting Carousel from a different category id 32 "oranges" (both categories have existing posts). Also, along this same topic, how would I create two separate carousels and then specify the category ID so that each one can be used alone and displayed on a specific category id for posts (so that "apples" has it's own carousel and "oranges" has a unique carousel as well) Thanks :-) Using: Platform Pro 1.3.5 with Base 1.3.2 WordPress 3.1.1

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 April 2011 - 02:05 AM

You can edit your settings for the Carousel in the post editor meta settings and in Settings > Carousel settings. There is a section called Carousel - Post Category Name, where you can add the category slug to determine which category of posts to pull images from. There is no setting for using multiple carousels unless some in-depth customization is applied (which may or may not affect how the carousel will work).

#3 austin

austin

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:15 PM

Hi Catrina, Thx for your reply. Please allow me to rephrase, as I do have the category slug pulling images from the category I need. Basically, I need carousel to only display in one category. There are hooks for this and as I am not that familiar with where pageline hooks work in which core files I was asking for clarification as there is not a lot of documentation on this for Platform Pro, imho. What hook would I use and where in order to add carousel to one specific category id? I think a hook can be utilized in WordPress category loop? Not sure which hook or which file though :-( Any tips and help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Austin

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 April 2011 - 03:29 PM

The hooks can be found inside the files (which you can look at in Appearance > Editor). The hook you're looking for is probably located in the post loop file

When it comes to excluding any other categories that you don't want the carousel to display, this can be added in the PHP when adding the hook:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

(in this example, categories 3 and 8 are being excluded - as shown in this documentation:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

)