• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 iwoman7

iwoman7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 02:27 AM

Hi, Just got Pagelines Platform Pro & we are trying to figure it out. We can't figure out the feature slider. How do I get rid of the facebook like and tweet button on the feature slider pictures in the text area? It doesn't seem to be formating right with my words and pictures. HELP! www.iWomanmag.com Thank you! Scarlett

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 April 2011 - 03:05 AM

Which plugin(s) are you using to add the Facebook Like/Tweet buttons? There might be some way to disable the buttons for some areas...

#3 iwoman7

iwoman7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:17 AM

Hi, my husband fixed it. But the feature slider is really confusing. I'd love a step by step with detailed instructions on how to size photos, put text in, links, etc. Thank you!

#4 iwoman7

iwoman7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:19 AM

Also, how do we get rid of the black highlight in a link in the feature slider? www.iwomanmag.com

#5 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:36 PM

Hi Scarlett, Have you checked out our docs yet?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

As for the "black highlight": you can remove that with CSS. You would want to set the background of that element to "none" or "transparent".

#6 iwoman7

iwoman7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 03:43 AM

Hi, thank you for your help! Can you please tell me what the name of the element is & the CSS code that will change it? Thank you! Scarlett

#7 timlinson

timlinson

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1032 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 03:57 AM

Before hacking it with css, have you tried editing the feature, scrolling down to Feature Setup Options > Feature Design Style, and selecting different text styles? If those don't work out, the `#feature_slider .fcontent a` selectors should be what you're looking for. You can install the firebug addon for firefox and use its inspector to pick out elements like this that you want to tweak.