johnitsa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 06:57 PM

Hey guys,

Here's what I'm working with:

• PlatformPro on WP 3.1.1
  • Front page display set to 'static page' (Home page pointing to a Features template page)

Is there any way to list the most recent posts on my blog at on a features page (underneath the features slide, instead of the actual page content)? I would like to use the design and layout of the standard posts page, and hard coding this into the post would make me lose the flexibility offered by the framework.

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 08:37 PM

Then you should use the traditional blog home page but activate the Feature Section on the Posts Page Template Area

#3 johnitsa

johnitsa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:27 AM

Hey Adam, Thanks for your answer. The home page looks exactly as I want now, but unfortunately that doesn't fully solve my issue though, as it also shows the feature slider on other posts pages (like categories, for instance). Is there any way to force the Features Page template to load on the home page, for example, via home.php? I wouldn't mind writing a few lines of code, but up to this point, I haven't managed to completely figure out how the template engine works. Thanks again, Andrei

#4 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:03 AM

Hi Andrei, Yes, it would be possible to do it with custom PHP. Or, you could hide it with CSS on the other pages (though of course it would still be loaded).