• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 andulka

andulka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 11:48 AM

Any idea why I'm not able to get any language files to work on a bilingual site in yhe Station Pro theme? None of the ones I create using poedit don't work, and 99%, if not a 100%, of the existing plugin language files do not work either? I don't know what else I could do but translate the file and place it in the plugin's language folder together with the other language files, but no luck. There must be something different with this theme that needs to be added, but what?

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:36 PM

Have you already tried deactivating other plugins to see if one of them is causing the problem?

#3 timlinson

timlinson

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1032 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:26 AM

Just to clarify, you put the .mo file in the `wp-content/themes/stationpro3_dev/language` folder?

#4 andulka

andulka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 02:25 AM

Tim, the main .mo files are in the folder you mention, I don't need to put the plugin language files there I suppose? Catrina, no, I haven't tried that yet but I suspect the problem might have something to do with the language switcher plugin qTranslate - however I'm afraid that one's needed, because if I deactivated, I won't be able to test if the language switch works or not (and the site needs to be blingual anyway, I haven't been able to find a satisfactory alternative for qTranslate). But I will do some testing to see if it's any of the other plugins.

#5 timlinson

timlinson

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1032 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 03:31 AM

I noticed

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

that you've gotten qtranslate+stationpro working before.

Did the translations just stop working recently? Was there a plugin update? theme update? something else changed?