• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kference

kference

• Members

• 6 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:58 AM

I did a quick search on the forums and found an old post from someone looking to do exactly what I want to do. It can be viewed here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I would prefer to do this using hooks and/or sections. While I'm new to WordPress and PHP I am comfortable writing code as I've worked with classic ASP and ASP.Net using C# for some time. If someone has an example of this kind of modification and would share it with me I would greatly appreciate it.

I just made my purchase of PlatformPro today and have found it very easy to work with. I know that if I could get a grasp on these hooks & sections I would be golden!

Thanks in advance!

#2 timlinson

timlinson

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1032 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:30 AM

Actually this style of nav is now directly part of PPro, called the "BrandNav." But it sounds like you want to get your hands dirty with custom hooks/sections in general, so have a look at these pages for a quick intro. Feel free to post back with more questions.

#3 kference

kference

• Members

• 6 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 17 April 2011 - 11:48 AM

Oh wow, I guess I didn't look hard enough, thank you Tim! I was actually just reading through the custom-sections page when I decided to check my post for a reply. =) I'll look for the BrandNav as you mentioned and then hopefully sink my teeth into some hooks & sections! Thanks again!