Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How to display a caption to featured image?

Question

Posted · Report post

Is there an easy hook to display a featured image with caption (on the blog page)? add something like : <?php the_post_thumbnail(); echo ....? Thank you

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

I don't think you need external coding for this. - when you insert an image into a post, fill in the "Caption" field - and just to the right of the "Insert into Post" button, click the "Use as Featured Image" link Post back if you're looking for something else.

Posted · Report post

No. This works only for the images inside the post but not for featured Images (at least with PlatFormPro). I really think that I'll need to add some PHP in the template.postloop.php Someone could help with code to add? Thank you

Posted · Report post

It worked Thank you Adam!

Posted · Report post

i tried adding the code function the_post_thumbnail_caption() { global $post; $thumb_id = get_post_thumbnail_id($post->id); $args = array( 'post_type' => 'attachment', 'post_status' => null, 'post_parent' => $post->ID, 'include' => $thumb_id ); $thumbnail_image = get_posts($args); if ($thumbnail_image && isset($thumbnail_image[0])) { //show thumbnail title echo $thumbnail_image[0]->post_title; //Uncomment to show the thumbnail caption //echo $thumbnail_image[0]->post_excerpt; //Uncomment to show the thumbnail description //echo $thumbnail_image[0]->post_content; //Uncomment to show the thumbnail alt field //$alt = get_post_meta($thumbnail_id, '_wp_attachment_image_alt', true); //if(count($alt)) echo $alt; } } from the wordpress forum post mentioned above to the bottom of my functions.php file. as you may be able to tell, i'm a prrty skanky hack who's just guessing for now. anyway, couldn't get the captions to display on the featured image thumbnails.