• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jenny20k

jenny20k

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:39 PM

Hi I am using Events Manager to list my events in my what's on page. This is the example -

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

People can click on an event to get more info - but do you know I would insert a link back to the event category? Thanks

#2 arretx

arretx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:53 PM

Does the plug-in offer that option? Are you looking to create a link on the events page, or the event's detail page?

#3 jenny20k

jenny20k

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:07 PM

Hi Jon - thanks for posting. The plug-in doesn't offer that option - it works using shortcodes to call categories of events. I'm looking to create a link on the event details page - linking it back to the events list.

#4 timlinson

timlinson

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1032 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:00 AM

I'm not sure if there's a better way, but since the events content accepts html, you could hardcode the link in the "Default single event format" box: `

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

` This isn't very flexible and basically prevents you from using multiple event categories, but I don't see an events list shortcode in their doc. Maybe someone else here (or the plugin devs) will have a better solution.

#5 jenny20k

jenny20k

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 08:56 AM

That's great, Tim, thanks - I've changed that links to go back to the main events page and added a second "previous page" link, so problem solved!

#6 timlinson

timlinson

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1032 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:24 AM

ah even better, good idea with the history.back() js