6 replies to this topic

#1 kevinobrien

kevinobrien

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 02:59 AM

I've read through a number of threads and can't seem to figure this out. I have bbpress integrated with platform pro and have also installed platform base. All is good except I can't seem to be able to remove the features and boxes from the page: www.wolfhirschhorn.org/forum. Here is what I've tried in the custom code section AND in the base/css: #bbforum #feature{display:none} #bbforum #boxes{display:none} Still no luck.

#2 timlinson

timlinson

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1032 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 04:34 AM

bbpress pages are supposed to have a bbpress body class dynamically added, but I don't see it on your page. You'll want a body class like that so you can use `.bbpress` as a selector to target the forum. Did you follow all the installation/integration steps here?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 rossjlennox

rossjlennox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 05:31 PM

Hi Tim, I helped Kevin with the install, and yes I followed the install instructions and added the `require_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/../wp-load.php');` line to the bb-config.php file to allow 'deep integration'. Can you give any pointers as to how I would go about creating a bbpress body class? Thanks, Ross

#4 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:57 PM

Check this out:

Add the filter in functions.php file in -Base Use the if (bb_forum()) conditional or another from here:

#5 rossjlennox

rossjlennox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 08:04 AM

Many thanks Adam, this looks like great advice but it's a bit over my head... I have read through the links you sent but would really appreciate if you could be even more explicit with exactly what I need to do. I understand I need to copy and paste the below into my ../platformpro/functions.php file, presumably replacing class-name with bbforum (?) ` // Add specific CSS class by filter add_filter('body_class','my_class_names'); function my_class_names($classes) { // add 'class-name' to the $classes array $classes[] = 'class-name'; // return the $classes array return $classes; } ` But other than that I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to proceed. As you can no doubt tell I am very new to this and really appreciate your help.

#6 rossjlennox

rossjlennox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:12 PM

Thanks once again for all your help on this, but I think we have found another way round our problem... The way the templates were set up, the Features and Boxes sections were added into the Site Header template as opposed to one of the Page Templates - which explains why ticking the Hide PageLine Features or Hide PageLines Boxes tick boxes for any given page had no effect. Features and Boxes now moved to the default page template and they can be hidden/shown without any issue. Cheers, Ross

#7 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:21 PM

perfect!