Photo
- - - - -

Accordion functionality in a post

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 elyons3683

elyons3683

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 08:34 PM

I'd really like to place accordion functionality within a post. I tried using the jQuery Lightbox feature, but that requires that I link to an image, and so all of the text that I'd incorporate would not be readable by the search engines. Does anyone know how to place accordion functionality WITHIN A POST (not in the sidebars)? I'd so greatly appreciate your help!

#2 jnoh

jnoh

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 03:43 AM

hey elyons, have you looked for a plugin to do this?

#3 elyons3683

elyons3683

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 12:16 AM

Yes I've looked. There are quite a few Plugins for accordion functionality in the sidebar or nav bars, but not for text/content in posts specifically. Any ideas?

#4 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 03:36 AM

kind of a tough customization; you're best bet to do this easily will be a plugin. On the other hand; do you know basic html/jquery?

#5 elyons3683

elyons3683

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:49 PM

I do know html. Jquery not so much. I cannot find a plugin that will let me have accordion functionality on the post itself - any ideas? The main reason I want it this way is for SEO. I think if the content is on the page itself as opposed to within a .jpg that Lightbox opens, the search engines will read all of the text in the accordion.

#6 jnoh

jnoh

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:28 AM

Definitely, have you considered tabs? -->

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#7 elyons3683

elyons3683

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 06:00 PM

This is a great option - thank you! I've installed this plugin, but can't figure out how to insert the functionality into a page. Would you let me know? Again, thank you!

#8 jnoh

jnoh

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:05 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Instructions are provided towards the end of the post. It looks like what you do is specify values for the the tabs in between the [ricotab] tags.