Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Accordion functionality in a post

Question

Posted · Report post

I'd really like to place accordion functionality within a post. I tried using the jQuery Lightbox feature, but that requires that I link to an image, and so all of the text that I'd incorporate would not be readable by the search engines. Does anyone know how to place accordion functionality WITHIN A POST (not in the sidebars)? I'd so greatly appreciate your help!

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

kind of a tough customization; you're best bet to do this easily will be a plugin. On the other hand; do you know basic html/jquery?

Posted · Report post

I do know html. Jquery not so much. I cannot find a plugin that will let me have accordion functionality on the post itself - any ideas? The main reason I want it this way is for SEO. I think if the content is on the page itself as opposed to within a .jpg that Lightbox opens, the search engines will read all of the text in the accordion.

Posted · Report post

This is a great option - thank you! I've installed this plugin, but can't figure out how to insert the functionality into a page. Would you let me know? Again, thank you!

Posted · Report post

http://obaq.uuuq.com/?p=205 Instructions are provided towards the end of the post. It looks like what you do is specify values for the the tabs in between the [ricotab] tags.

Posted · Report post

hey elyons, have you looked for a plugin to do this?

Posted · Report post

Yes I've looked. There are quite a few Plugins for accordion functionality in the sidebar or nav bars, but not for text/content in posts specifically. Any ideas?