Photo
- - - - -

Forums RSS Feeds?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 thelobbyist

thelobbyist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 03:15 AM

Just doing some searching on BBpress and see that RSS feeds for forums were broken in an update about 6 months ago. I discovered this myself when I tried to load my forum feeds for my new site into Google Reader today and it couldn't find the feed. I have updated my code with the patch update and feed validator says my feed is fine, but it still won't load in Google Reader. From what I've read on their forums there was a wide spread problem, but I can't seem to locate if there was ever a definite solution. I am running the latest WP with BBpress 1.0.2 with deep integration. Anything I can do to fix this? RSS feeds for my forums are pretty vital because this particular site won't have posts, just pages for research content, and forums for feedback and discussion. Thanks

#2 jnoh

jnoh

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:18 AM

Do you mind sending me a link to your forum feeds?

#3 thelobbyist

thelobbyist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 05:51 AM

Well, I don't know what to tell you. I just went back to get the feed link to post up for you and it's suddenly working. Maybe there was just a delay on the feed updating. All good here. Thanks!

#4 thelobbyist

thelobbyist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 05:54 AM

Actually I do have a question. We aren't running a blog on this site. The main form of communication with our users are the forums. So the rss feed link at the top right is pretty useless as it sits. Do you know what .php file the link for this is contained in? What I'd like to do is go hard code it to be linking to our forum feed instead of the blog feed since that will never be used.

#5 jnoh

jnoh

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 02:13 AM

hey thelobbyist, in the header.php file edit the rssfeedurl: `

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

`

#6 thelobbyist

thelobbyist