Photo
- - - - -

Update to 1.3.5 takes site down, missing core library the culprit?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ledzuscany

ledzuscany

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:39 PM

Message I get: Warning: require_once(../core/library/library.I18n.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in ../core/core.init.php on line 30 Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../core/library/library.I18n.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib64/php:/usr/lib/php') in ../core/core.init.php on line 30 Here's what got me there: Tried to update Platform Pro to 1.3.5 from 1.3.1 based on a user's comment in your upgrade documentation (see acuitas comment,

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

). As per his instructions I did steps 1-4. Next I opened the base.css in the editor and, while the editor was open (implied in his step #5), I did steps 6-8. I went snooping and found that my library folder isn't present in the new theme, but I do have a copy of it available from 1.3.1. My FTP program won't allow me to copy it so I can't do that, and wasn't real sure I wanted to do that. What do you think, if anything?

#2 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:22 PM

sounds to me like you have uploaded the platformbase theme, it is a child theme that requires the main theme files to be present in platformpro folder.

#3 ledzuscany

ledzuscany

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:44 AM

If that's the case, what do I do about it? The child base is there...nothing changed with it.

#4 timlinson

timlinson

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1032 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 03:30 AM

I don't see a reason to modify base.css theme path like that comment suggests.. but in any case, if your platformpro folder didn't have a core/library folder, it sounds like the upload was incomplete. Don't try to copy your 1.3.1 library folder. Grab a fresh copy of the 1.3.5 platformpro zip and do a fresh re-upload via FTP. What did you mean that your FTP won't let you copy?

#5 ledzuscany

ledzuscany

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:30 AM

Ok Tim, I did a fresh upload and guess what? It was incomplete again! It left out the core/library folder! I tried to upload the files and most were uploaded (btw, I'm using the latest version of Transmit for Mac SL) except the ones that started with 'library' ie library.options.php, etc. So I just created new, blank .php files on the server with identical names as the ones that were missing. Then I opened the files locally, copied the code, then opened the blank files and pasted the code. When I tried to administer the blod I got the same message as before. If I could just get in to WP as administrator... Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

#6 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:59 AM

Hey Doug, When you say you did a fresh upload, that means you re-downloaded it and re-uploaded it, correct? Have you tried Filezilla?

#7 ledzuscany

ledzuscany

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:34 AM

Correct, Kate. I used Panic's Transmit FTP application (for Mac OS X; I consider it the best of it's kind).

#8 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 11 April 2011 - 03:00 AM

Hey Doug, Yes, its what I use too. The issue could be a lot of things, but if you uploaded via FTP then 'incomplete upload' could also be an issue.. Have you checked the themes files for the one in question, or tried reuploading?

#9 ledzuscany

ledzuscany

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 03:19 AM

I did try reuploading again, then tried logging into WP-admin, but this time there was a whole page of PHP errors, where before there were two. So I gave up. I'm not much of a code guru (that's why Pagelines was attractive). I blew up the WP install and reinstalled, this time in root, where before it was in /blog subdir. I still may need to move it back to a sub-dir as I have a static html page that's interfering with the blog. It's been a long day, I'm tired, I'll tackle it again tomorrow. Thanks for your advice!

#10 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 April 2011 - 06:31 PM

Are you still having problems with your site?

#11 ledzuscany

ledzuscany

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 03:46 PM

No, but I went on vacation, came back, and did just start over again. Everything's going well now, I think. Thanks... Doug