• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 edhacker

edhacker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 09:52 PM

I have PlatformPro and after seeing the videos on use of feature sets I can see how I would lay out my site, but I'm still unclear on how to layer in user access control. This is what I'm looking for: - static default page, publicly available - nav bar on all pages that shows a more detailed (public) about page and if the user is signed in, post categories they are authorized to see - all other pages, posts and widgets need the user to sign in before they see anything I think I need to use another plugin like Role Scoper or User Access Control, but I'm not sure if there's a better way to go about implementing two static public pages and the rest (posts, widgets) as private (with multiple groups). Although I've purchased Platform Pro, is there a more appropriate template to use? This is for a condo board website and it's mainly for posting notices (posts) and documents for owners and tenants. Any ideas? Thanks, AP

#2 kastelic

kastelic

Advocate

• Members

• 3081 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 05:09 AM

I've used plugins like those to do similar things and they worked quite well but I had do do some custom PHP to show/hide the nav items and pages depending on who was logged in. If you want to go a simpler route, when you make a new WP page, you can set it as "private" so you have to enter a password to view the page.