• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 sensimedia

sensimedia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 07:54 PM

Purchased the StationPro template and can't seem to get any pages to load completely, they always appear to stop loading at:

<div id="sidebar">

<div id="widgets">

As a result, I get no sidebar widgets or footer on any page other than the home page.

I tried getting this to work for a few hours investigating with Firebug but no luck, then tried a fresh WP install (new folder, new db) with ONLY the new template (no active plugins or anything) and still receive the same problem. Any help is appreciated.

#2 sensimedia

sensimedia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 12:50 AM

Here are example links: http://arenanetwork....test/?page_id=2 http://arenanetwork....temp/?page_id=5 Separate installs. Separate databases. Second link has zero plugins aside from Akismet and Hello Dolley, both default with WP and both deactivated.

#3 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 April 2011 - 04:33 PM

Which version of WordPress are you running?

#4 sensimedia

sensimedia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 04:41 PM

WordPress 3.1

#5 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 April 2011 - 05:35 PM

Were there any other changes made to the theme?

#6 sensimedia

sensimedia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 10:00 PM

Nope, no changes were made.

#7 kastelic

kastelic

Advocate

• Members

• 3081 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:34 AM

This kind of things can be cause by unclosed div tags, which, when I validate your site: http://validator.w3.org/ its says that there are some. Are you entering your content in html mode and forgetting to close a tag?

#8 sensimedia

sensimedia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:42 AM

Nope, just to be safe I went in and completely removed all content from that page: http://www.arenanetw...temp/?page_id=5 Nothing in html or 'visual' view. Setup with brand new WP install and standard StationPro default template as downloaded from Launchpad. If you can help me figure out what needs to be fixed I'd greatly appreciate it, I was really hoping I'd be able to buy it and have it up and running within a couple of days. Thanks.

#9 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:18 PM

Have you tried backing up your content and re-installing the theme?

#10 sensimedia

sensimedia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:05 PM

Yes I did try that, as I mentioned I even tried a completely fresh install of Wordpress with nothing added, edited or changed. All I did was go to install templates and install the one I bought from Pagelines and tried creating the page and checking it. That was it and the same problem occurs. Was really excited about how easy this should've been having done this many times with other themes (this isn't my first wordpress site).

#11 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:21 PM

Does the problem only occur when you add a page?

#12 sensimedia

sensimedia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:40 PM

It looks like its doing the same thing on category and post pages as well. I tried the default WP template to see if it was an overall WP problem and that one works fine with the footers and sidebars intact. No adjustments were made to StationPro prior to or after install. I'd be happy to pm a login if you think you can figure it out. I'd really prefer to walk away from this with a working site and having felt like I supported a developer in buying the template...but if I can't get it working soon I'm gonna need to start pursuing a refund.

#13 kastelic

kastelic

Advocate

• Members

• 3081 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:45 PM

Are you sure, when your making your page you're using the default template and selecting "default sidebar" under "Select Sidebar"? If you wanna email your login info I could check it out for you. kastelic9 AT gmail.com

#14 sensimedia

sensimedia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:27 PM

I've tried just about every variation I can think of at this point. I'll go ahead and shoot a login over right now. Thanks in advance.

#15 kastelic

kastelic

Advocate

• Members

• 3081 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 11:10 PM

I'll mark this for developer attention.

#16 sensimedia

sensimedia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:52 AM

Just checking in to see if there's been any progress...

#17 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:34 PM

I checked the page with the contact form and while the sidebar starts in the html source it does not finish. Nor does the end of the page content area (no border on the bottom there when there should be one) The PostWrap div seems to be loading twice as well. Did you double check your install? Nobody has reported this issue and StationPro hasn't been updated in some time.

#18 sensimedia

sensimedia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:45 PM

Yes, I checked the install and even checked to make sure the default template was working properly (and it is). I even created a completely separate installation of Wordpress in a different location and tried installing the template and the exact same problem occurs. I made no changes to the template code at all and Wordpress appears to be installed fine both times with no errors. The default template on both installs loads both sidebars and footers with no problem.

#19 sensimedia

sensimedia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:53 PM

Received an email from support yesterday, Checking in again to see if anyones had any luck on this...

#20 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:55 PM

Bryan, What hosting are you on? there appears to be some big issues as I couldn't get permalinks working either. Is your server running in Safe Mode? Have you talked to your host about this? Finally, there should be some error logs being generated somewhere, probably visible on your server through ftp. Anyway, we could get a look at those? Ap