• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 interfuel

interfuel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:54 PM

In the iBlogpro demo, the Carousel shows a mouse-over effect where the images' description or alt attribute, perhaps, displays. How is this feature activated? http://www.pagelines...gpro/carousel-2 We're using the Next Gen Gallery plugin. Frank

#2 kastelic

kastelic

Advocate

• Members

• 3081 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 12:50 AM

Should be activated automatically if you are getting the images from posts (it takes the post title). I'm not sure why its not working with the nextgen gallery, but there is no place where you activate/deactivate it if that helps.

#3 interfuel

interfuel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 05:35 AM

Hmm, thanks for the answer. I'm using galleries in Next Gen Gallery for the images in the Carousel. If you don't mind, please explain the steps for getting this to work, as you mention, by referencing the images from Posts. Incidentally, we need the Carousel images to link to post Categories. Is there a way to do that? I did not see a way to do this, hence I found a workaround using a Next Gen Gallery helper plugin called, Next Gen Custom Fields. With it and a small code addition (to iblogpro4_dev/nggallery/gallery-plcarousel.php) I could specify custom links, in our case to WP Categories. If there is a way to link the images to Categories natively, I'd appreciate knowing how. Thanks in advance for taking time to consider my questions. Frank

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 April 2011 - 04:48 PM

To clarify: would you like to enable the mouse-over image descriptions for the NexGen gallery?

#5 thinkscrappy

thinkscrappy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 05:20 PM

Catrina, I do believe that is what he is asking. Coincidentally, I have the same problem and have been looking for a solution. The demo has a mouse over description and button. I am trying to figure out how to replicate that on my site. In addition, the demo has buttons that scroll the carousel instead of arrows. I am also looking to figure out how to implement that design but do not see an option for that in paglines, carousel section. Thanks for any help you can offer! Steve

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 April 2011 - 05:52 PM

Can you post a link to your site with the NexGen gallery enabled?

#7 interfuel

interfuel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 04:36 AM

To clarify: would you like to enable the mouse-over image descriptions for the NexGen gallery?

Catrina,

Yes, we would like to do exactly what the demo does in terms of having the mouse-over effect. I understand that the Demo is pulling the images from Posts and displaying the Post Title as the mouse-over. We are not linking to Posts. We're linking to Categories (by way of customization described in my earlier post), but would like to have the mouse-over effect. I'm at the point of looking to create something custom where the Carousel displays the images' title-attribute value, or something like that. Would prefer not to do a core hack to get this working. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Frank

#8 interfuel

interfuel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 04:50 PM

Ok, I have a working fix for this issue. If anyone wants to know, post a request here and I'll show you what I did. Frank

#9 gayatriom

gayatriom

Advocate

• Members

• 559 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:39 PM

Hey Interfuel! What did you do ?