• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cfimortgage

cfimortgage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:30 PM

When I was setting up my website I use using PlatformPro Developer which has a re-order feature for posts and boxes and such which is a pretty important feature for the look and feel of the pages. After needing to use the base theme for additional features I found that the re-order option is missing. Is there any way to fix this?

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3253 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:56 PM

Just get the 'post types order' plugin (discussed on theme welcome screen) That should take care of your issue.

#3 cfimortgage

cfimortgage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:18 PM

That doesnt work with the newest release of wordpress and it causes all my posts and pages to do whatever option I give for the few I want to arrange. Plus the arrange options arent really useful for what I am doing. I could do that by simply changing the date of the post creation.

#4 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:28 PM

What exactly are you doing? Maybe the plugin author is working on an update?

#5 cfimortgage

cfimortgage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:51 PM

I just want to change the order of the boxes as they show up on the page. The option exists if I dont use the base theme but I need that for the additional scripting I added. Even if they got the plugin working it isnt really the same as using the re-order option on the main theme. I would simply like that re-enable that option on the base theme but I am guessing that cant be done unless they are going to update the base theme to have that option.

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:06 PM

Could you use the re-order plugin for now until the base theme option works again?

#7 cfimortgage

cfimortgage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 12:37 PM

I will try. The issue with the re-order plugin is it doesnt seem to see the boxes or features category so it re-orders everything on the entire site, but I did find a fix. I just changed the date at which the posts for my main page were posted which changes the order.