Photo
- - - - -

Adding Sound To Front Page

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 andrewinparis

andrewinparis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:39 PM

Hi Guys,

I need to add, if possible, a sound track to the front page of a WHPro site (and to an iBlogPro site afterwards).

Is there an easy way to do this without using additional widgets and/plugins? I know I can add media as a feature but I would like this to run on opening and keep running as long as folks stay on the page.

The site I want to start with is www.mathieusalama.com

Many thanks

Andrew In Paris

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:34 PM

yes, its possible... do you have a player you like? (for audio)

#3 andrewinparis

andrewinparis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 09:24 AM

Hi Andrew,

I have absolutely no preference for a player. I may want to use it on several pages (it's for a singer) I could live with just the landing page.

If there is a clever (but simple) way of making it play just one on landing and not on subsequent hits during the same visit, that would be great but not essential.

The site is www.mathieusalama.com

#4 jnoh

jnoh

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:07 AM

Hey andrew, do you want to add a player on the page? Or just have start stop buttons somewhere?

#5 andrewinparis

andrewinparis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 02:47 PM

Andrew, Jnoh, I don't freekin care guys!

All I want is, when the index/home page opens, a background track plays.

When they navigate away from the page, it stops. I have tried every basic WP option to embed a file but it ain't working for me.

Basically I don't want a visible player, I simply want to play a track on opening the Home Page, no choices, no nothing.

I am sure this is more a WP issue than a Pagelines one but I have little doubt that every member of your forum, every customer of Pagelines (including those too tight to pay for their privileges), me inc luded, now consider the Pagelines TEAM the way to go for us "mortals" to produce great looking (and functioning) sites.

It's your own fault guys; every template I have bought on the web since (hides his head in shame) Monster Templates for Front Page have been crap and with no support.

You guys have, undoubtedly,the ability to become the "GOOGLE" of WP based themes.

The designs are superb, the functionality out of this world.

But, like GOOGLE, they need to be easier to exploit their potential without too much technical knowledge, PLEASE!

#6 jnoh

jnoh

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:56 PM

Thanks very much for the kind words Andrew. I did a bit of research: http://wordpress.org...s/audio-player/ This should do it for you. You can hide the player if you don't want it to appear. You'll want to include the player on the front page and then hide it using CSS, which I can help you with once you get the player installed.

#7 andrewinparis

andrewinparis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:50 PM

Hi Jonh and many thanks for your help.

My problem is that the track I want to play is 32 Mb and I haven't been able to find a way to "embed", the file through HTML.

I have installed the audio player; could you either PM me andrew@enterprise-eu.com with help on hiding the player or send me a mail if you publish the help here for the benefit of others? Thanks a million.

The site is www.mathieusalama.com