Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Station Pro - Dynamic Side bars

Question

Posted · Report post

I have been working to get dynamic side bars working on this theme. I have tried core sidebars, but it relies on the if ( function_exists('register_sidebar') ) register_sidebar(); type of funciton on the function.php page, which your theme does not use. Then I tried pages sidebars, which works, but unfortunately does not support widgets. It requires you to enter raw html & text in a custom field on each page... and that is where my question is. If i choose to use this solution for unquie side bars, how do I get the same type of styling that u use on the widget fueled sidebars (ie the gray box with hr line for the title, etc) you can see the normal secondary sidebar & the pages side bar in action on this page http://unitedskeeball.com/leagues/continental/ and you can see the style difference. What code would I need to enter into the custom field box to get it match the "automated" side bars style?

4 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Andrew, I will look into that, but If i am using raw HTML put into the side bar through a different plugin, what is the code that will bull the side bars styling (the box, colors,etc) ?

Posted · Report post

Hi there, There is a plugin called "Widget Logic" and it does exactly what you require. I use it on my site and it works perfect. You put all the widgets on 1 sidebar (or more if you like) and for every widget you can tell on which section (post, page, named page, etc) it should appear. Good luck!

Posted · Report post

Yea its a good plugin, I'm using it now. Only issue with it though, is if I need 2-3 unique widgets for every page and I have 50+ pages you can see where that can turn into a nightmareeeeeeeee to manage. I don't mind having to put in raw code on each page, but I just need to know what code will pull up the sidebar styled box's.

Posted · Report post

I have been working to get dynamic side bars working on this theme. I have tried core sidebars, but it relies on the if ( function_exists('register_sidebar') ) register_sidebar(); type of funciton on the function.php page, which your theme does not use.
The theme uses these functions... the 'register sidebar' functions are inside of 'sidebar-setup.php' file in StationPro. You can add the your own functions there.