4 replies to this topic

#1 windwhippedfarm

windwhippedfarm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 06:26 PM

Hi, Reading from previous posts I've figured I probably need a Recent Posts plug-in to get my most recent posts onto my home page. I've downloaded & activated the Recent Posts plug-in but after a good while of trying to figure out how to make this plug-in work, I'm just not making any headway. I'd love any suggestions or resources that could help me solve this one. Thanks for your help, Virginie

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 08:41 PM

are you using the shortcode that this plugin probably provides?

#3 windwhippedfarm

windwhippedfarm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:34 PM

Hi Adam, Not sure what a short code is, this is what I have tried using: <?php recent_posts(); ?> I'm not even sure I understand where I am supposed to insert it. Yup, it is that new to me! Thks for your help.

#4 timlinson

timlinson

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1032 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:27 AM

Virginie, can you clarify what you mean by "make this plugin work?" If you go to Appearance > Widgets, you should see "Recent Posts +" in the available widgets. You can just drag that to the sidebar you want to use.

#5 astearns

astearns

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:38 AM

I'll also add that there is a content sidebar you can drag into your content area in the Template Setup within PlatformPro if you need the Recent Posts widget inside the content area itself.