Photo
- - - - -

Redirect issue with blog content sitting on another site

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 elyons3683

elyons3683

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 03:03 AM

Here's a good one! I'm using iBlogPro3 and one of my pages redirects (using the Page Links To plugin) to my blog, which uses the same template but sits on another site because I need it to have a different masthead/header from my main website. Is there a way for the page to redirect, as it does now, but for my main website to call the most recent posts so that they can populate the most recent posts widget? To clarify, my main website will be www.elizabethlyons.com, within which there is a Blog page. The blog is located at www.elizabethlyons.com/blog using the same template, and the same host, but it's a separate site. If I could change the header for the Blog within the same site as the rest of it, I'd do that. Can that be done? Otherwise, is there a way to get my main website to showcase the new blog posts even though they are being made outside this main site? THANK YOU!!

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3252 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 06:54 AM

yes, with shortcodes or a plugin... or maybe just plain ol' hard work. we are building tools to make this easier; have you looks at the RSS feed? Are you a programmer?

#3 elyons3683

elyons3683

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:13 PM

I am absolutely not a programmer but I'm making surprising headway with my site! Is there a way to make the blog on the same site but with a different header? Or would it be easier (for me) to have it redirect but somehow pull the post titles over? If you can help me tackle this one, I might have to take out a billboard somewhere to sing your praises!

#4 jnoh

jnoh

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 04:09 AM

hey elyons, is your main site on wordpress? It doesn't look like its using the iBlogPro theme.

#5 elyons3683

elyons3683

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:18 PM

Hi - I'm coding a new site. It is using iBlogPro3 and it will replace my present site (which does not use Wordpress).

#6 jnoh

jnoh

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 09:55 PM

OOO hey Elizabeth, we should go with the same install then. We can enter a little bit of code to get you a different header for the blog section, but that way it'll be easier to maintain (You won't have to have login in two different places all the time). We're going to do some code editing in the header.php file. If I guide you, are you up for it?

#7 elyons3683

elyons3683

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 10:02 PM

Yes - I'm so excited you'd think I was about to learn how to dissect a brain!