• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 jenny20k

jenny20k

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:11 AM

Hi My layout is set to one sidebar on each side. I have set the templates to sidebar one displaying a secondary sidebar and sb2 displaying a tertiary sidebar. I put a Twitter jetpack widget in sb1 and gigpress widget in sb2. The page displays sb1 on the right of the content and sb2 underneath it. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, J.

#2 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:26 PM

How do you have it setup in "Settings->Template Setup"?

#3 jenny20k

jenny20k

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:01 PM

I have a secondary sidebar in the sidebar 1 region, a tertiary sidebar in the sidebar 2 region. Content are is in the default page set up and main content is in the content and post set up areas. Thanks!

#4 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:13 PM

if this is the blog page we are talking about you need to set that layout under the Blog and Posts global option area. Also for global layout editor double check you've set it correctly and not just chosen the one you want to edit on that page.

#5 jenny20k

jenny20k

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:00 PM

Thanks Adam - My layout is set as sb1 content sb2 under the global layout editor, i have chosen 'main content' and nothing else for every type of page. I get the layout I want on my homepage but it is skewed on all other pages. Any ideas?

#6 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:03 PM

i have chosen 'main content' and nothing else for every type of page.

I don't understand this. What is 'main content' ...do you have a screenshot of the options?

Also, are you running the latest version of PP?

#7 jenny20k

jenny20k

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:30 PM

ah - I mean template set up - template area - for page templates - the settings for all page templates is 'content area' for all text content areas I have chosen 'main content'. yes, i am running the latest version. i can email a link to a screenshot if you'd like? Thanks so much.

#8 astearns

astearns

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:07 AM

You can post the link here and we'll take a look at it. :)

#9 timlinson

timlinson

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1032 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:52 AM

Jennifer, just to cover all bases. - PlatformPro Settings > Blog and Posts > Posts Page-Content Layout, and set this to "Two sidebars, one on each side" - Go to the "Pages" wordpress settings and edit each page individually (arts, events, food, green, etc). For each page, go down to PageLines Meta Settings > General Page Setup > Content Section, and set each one to "Two sidebars, one on each side" - PlatformPro Settings > Layout Editor > Default Layout Mode, and make sure the double sidebar layout is selected.

#10 jenny20k

jenny20k

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:47 AM

Hi Tim Thanks! This has worked for the pages but not for the pages that use blog postings. So my home page, terms & conditions pages etc are ok - but my art, green are not. These use blog-in-blog to post different categories to each page. I've changed all the settings you said and also changed the platform pro - blog and posts settings layout to 1sb on each side. Any ideas?

#11 timlinson

timlinson

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1032 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 10:41 AM

Not sure what's causing this. I'm gonna leave live links as a reference for others to look into it. correct layout:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

incorrect layout:

#12 jenny20k

jenny20k

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 01:44 PM

Thanks Tim!

#13 jenny20k

jenny20k

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:02 PM

Ah - Tim, found it. The single posts are fine too - it's just the blog-in-blog pages. Looking at

I have to get each blog-in-blog within a page to call a template as per the instructions below. That makes sense to me but I'm not sure where to find my pagelines template so I can copy it to the correct file. Do you know? template=<your filename> Specify a template filename. We look in the following locations in the order shown: Uploads directory: WP_CONTENT_DIR/uploads/<your filename> (or whever your uploads directory is) Plugin directiry: WP_CONTENT_DIR/plugins/blog-in-blog/<your filename>

#14 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:03 PM

specifying the layout for the Blog/Posts pages is set under Blog and Post options in the PP Settings. ( blog pages can't take meta-data )

#15 jenny20k

jenny20k

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 07:18 PM

Thanks - now I have standard pages (with just text content in) working ok, and the post pages are working ok. It's just the pages with the blog-in-blog link in that aren't right. So I guess the plugin must be knocking the page out somehow. But I can't work out why!

#16 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 12:37 PM

Are you able to use a different plugin?

#17 jenny20k

jenny20k

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 05:10 PM

Hey Kate I'm happy to - but so far it's the only one I've found. I'd like to be able to post different blogs into different pages (rather than just linking to categories) so that I can vary the sidebars for each page (for example to show different ads in each page's sidebar). If you know of any similar plugins that might work, let me know!