Photo
- - - - -

Widgets in Universal Sidebar - how to get them in side-by-side position?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 puro

puro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:23 PM

Hey,

I'm hoping to place some widgets into the header area using Universal Sidebar and custom CSS. This works fine. However, I need to get these widgets side-by-side, not one below other. It's hopefully just a quick css modification? But I couldn't figure out how to do this. Help would be veeery much appreciated!

Thanks in advance, happy spring!

An image to illustrate what I'm willing to do:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Best regards,
Joonas

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:28 PM

You can add a hook to that area so that you can add the content you want (

). Are you sure multiple widgets will fit in that area? Can you post a live link?

#3 puro

puro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 08:48 PM

Sure, live link is

. However, I have disabled the language selector widget for now from the live page. Hope it is any help anyway. I'm gonna check out the hooks if they help, gonna report back! Thanks for quick reply!

#4 kastelic

kastelic

Advocate

• Members

• 3081 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:06 AM

Hey Joonas, If this is possible with just CSS, which it may be, and if not it certainly is with jquery, could you put the languages section back in, and just hide it with CSS for now? That way, we can figure out the code needed to move it in the right place.

#5 puro

puro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 11:02 AM

Hey Jimmy,

I uploaded the widgets to my test site, so now you can play around with the css here:

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 March 2011 - 05:00 PM

To clarify: is it the languages section that you want in the widget inside the header (since right now it's sitting on top of the feature slider)?

#7 puro

puro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:34 AM

Catrina: Exactly! I would like the facebook like box and the languages widget side-by-side in the header. Now they are arranged one on top of the other and clearly don't both fit in the header :)

#8 puro

puro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:28 AM

Catrina: Thanks for your tip on hooks, should have checked them out earlier! I managed to put the Facebook Like Box there via a hook, and the Languages Selector via Universal Sidebar. Now it was pretty easy to position them nicely. Thank you so much for your help folks, and happy spring! Joonas