Photo

Can I use iBlogPro Forum with another wordpress theme?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 andya

andya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 03:32 AM

Hey guys I have been using iBlogPro and love it however I have decided to change my wordpress theme but stick with the iBlogPro BBPress theme Whenever I try to switch themes I get this error: iBlogPro Needs To Be Activated It appears you have deeply integrated with WordPress but still need to activate iBlogPro 3.5.5 or newer on that install. Is there anyway I can use the iBlogPro BBPress Forum theme with another Wordpress theme on my blog? Thanks in advance Andy

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 03:43 AM

Hi Andy, iBP forum uses some of the functions from the theme... for options etc.. is there a way to keep iBP activated (or on an activated WP install) and still use the theme you want?

#3 andya

andya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:26 AM

No there isn't a way that I know of I'm a little bit disappointed because I just paid for the forum theme and styled it just the way I like it and now I can't use it just because I wanted to change my wordpress theme If anyone knows how to get around this please let me know Andy

#4 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 06:56 AM

well the forum basically uses the `header.php`, `footer.php` and `style.css` files from the theme to draw the framework for it.. its definitely possible to use it with another theme; but some coding will be involved...

#5 andya

andya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 07:48 PM

Ok thanks Andrew Are you able to provide any main tips or advice? I'm pretty cluey with wordpress and playing around with the code Andy