• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jjmatley

jjmatley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:30 PM

I've wasted a lot of time reading through other posts and I'm surprised to not find (yet) anyone asking this same question. How can I have an additional menu dropdown level in my top navigation (beyond the two levels that work just great) in iBlogPro? FYI: 1. I'm using a custom menu. 2. When I switch to the default TwentyTen theme, my 3rd dropdown level appears just fine. So, I deduce the them is causing the problem. 3. I noticed in my source code when iBlogPro is activated the 3rd level dropdown list items are not even present. So, it doesn't seem to be a CSS issue. There's just nothing there to show. 4. The menu item not showing is a post category. Above it is another category. Above that is a page. But, all setup properly as a custom menu. The site is www.violinsguitars.com, which is in the works. You should be able to hover over the following: Online Shop> Instruments> Violins> Intermediate (To then view and purchase an Intermediate level violin.) Unfortunately, the dropdown stops at Violins. Whoever can help me, I'll buy you a beer if you ever visit Alaska! Seriously.

#2 cshoffmann

cshoffmann

Advocate

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 11:09 PM

I see a 3rd drop down occurring on the online store tab. Is it now working okay or is that not the issue you were asking about??

#3 jjmatley

jjmatley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:16 AM

Well, there was a third menu level, but only two drop downs. There wasn't anything under Violins. However, I just fixed it like 10 seconds ago.

Looks like I'll be buying myself a beer. Actually, it might have been the beer I just had that cleared my head well enough to see the fix.

And for anyone else, the answer was:

In _nav.php, in the library folder, the depth was actually specified to only be 3 levels. This was specified in two locations. I changed both to depth=4.

Location 1: <?php wp_list_pages( 'title_li=&sort_column=menu_order&depth=4'); ?>
Location 2: <?php wp_nav_menu( array('theme_location'=>'primary', 'menu_class' => 'mnav dropdown fix', 'container' => null, 'container_class' => '', 'depth' => 4, 'fallback_cb'=>'nav_fallback' ) ); ?>

That was all, and I'm sure the developers were wondering why I asked such an easy question.

#4 jhugohanisch

jhugohanisch

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:25 PM

I don't know if this thread is still active but... Hi...I did what you posted, but only found depth=3 of location 1, not location 2....anyway, it worked, but now in the admin page I get a message in top: Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/ProjectRef2/wp-content/themes/pagelines/sections/nav/section.php:1) in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/ProjectRef2/wp-includes/functions.php on line 861 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/ProjectRef2/wp-content/themes/pagelines/sections/nav/section.php:1) in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/ProjectRef2/wp-includes/functions.php on line 862 why is this???