Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

post navigation within same category

Question

Posted · Report post

is there a custom css code for limiting the post navigation bar to posts withing the same category or tag?

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi Linkfr 

Please can you create you own forum topic regarding this with full details of what you want to achieve and links to your site etc. 

Also, this topic is from 2011 and may no longer be relevant. 

Posted · Report post

create a file in your PlatformBase root folder called template.postnav.php Then copy in this: `

<?php previous_post_link('%link','%link',TRUE) ?> <?php next_post_link('%link','%link',TRUE) ?>
` That should do it

Posted · Report post

Hi Adam. I am brand new to Pagelines. Just installed Platform Pro last night. I was looking on the forums for a way to remove the previous post/next post are altogether, when I came across your post. I didn't know that this was possible for the navigation to stay within a single category. I know you posted how to do it above, but I'm not a programmer so I don't know where to put that code you specified. Does this mean that I should create a folder on my website's directory? And if so, how do I put that code inside it? Thank you for your help.

Posted · Report post

You can remove it all together if you remove the Posts Info section from the template setup - single post content area. Otherwise you need to use the platform base child theme and follow the instructions above.

Posted · Report post

Hi there,

I would like to do the same in Platform basic theme: show only posts of the same category in post navigation bar.

But the code posted was removed...

Could someone please let us know how to achieve this?

Thanks!

Posted · Report post

Ok, thanks, i will.

By the way... I know it's silly but i always take half an hour to find out how to post a new topic... Where is the button to do so?

Posted · Report post

Select the category to post in from the front page of the forum and then on the right is the 'Start new topic' button . http://d.pr/i/yfGO