Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Moving social icons bar

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi I would like to move the position of my social icons bar. I did watch the tutorial on hooks, which seemed to demonstrate how to do this with the stumble upon icon - but the script for this is in my base script - but there is no icon. I tried to add a function to the base file but made 'a fatal error' and had to upload the base theme again! Anyway, what I'd like to do is move the social icons so they are still on the right hand side but placed above the branding bar, instead of on the same level as it. Any help would be much appreciated. J

6 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Did you change the pixel position of them in the header options?

Posted · Report post

Hi I put .icons { bottom: 80px; right: 1px; } into custom code - it seemed to work in firebug but did nothing here. Any advances?! Thanks.

Posted · Report post

Instead of

bottom: 80px;
, try
padding-top: -80px;

Try adding the code to your base.css file instead.

Posted · Report post

Thanks Katrina - however, I don't find the instructions within the bass.css easy to follow - I've watched the videos etc but whenever I type anything in there and save it, I get a fatal error, have to delete the theme and upload it again. what exactly do I type in? thanks.

Posted · Report post

I was actually referring to the theme option that is in Header and Nav theme options. You shouldn't have to touch the css file for this mod.

Posted · Report post

Thank you! It still took me ages to work out what to actually type in but I've got there in the end. Phew!