10 replies to this topic

#1 windwhippedfarm

windwhippedfarm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 05:34 AM

Hi, I am only able to float the content of text columns to the right for 1 page (called "local food box") but not for the other pages. I've tried several different CSS codes but nothing is consistently shifting the content over to the right. The code that seems to work for the "local food box" page is .entry_content { float: right; } This is the site:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Any help would be really appreciated! Thank you for your time, Virginie

#2 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 01:06 PM

Hey Virginie, Did you try adding a width (in the CSS) to that element or the parent element?

#3 windwhippedfarm

windwhippedfarm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 05:42 PM

Hi Kate, Thanks for your help, this has helped for all pages except my "Contact" (

) page. I can't figure out why this one is behaving differently. Best, Virginie

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 March 2011 - 05:51 PM

Do you have any other content on that page or is it not showing up because of the CSS?

#5 windwhippedfarm

windwhippedfarm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:45 PM

Hi Catrina, No, there is no other content on that page for now. The little content i have there is showing up, just not where I would like it to. Thks for your help! V

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 March 2011 - 05:19 PM

At the moment the text column appears to be floating to the right. Do you want it to float left instead (as in the Local Food Box page)?

#7 windwhippedfarm

windwhippedfarm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 05:27 PM

Hi, Yes, I would like it to look just like the Local Food Box, the About and the Road Stand pages. What is puzzling me is that all pages seem to be responding well to this code: .entry_content { width: 400px; float: right; } Except for the contact page.

#8 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 March 2011 - 05:34 PM

What other custom CSS have you added to your site (in both Custom CSS and base.css, if possible)?

#9 windwhippedfarm

windwhippedfarm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:04 PM

I have only been using custom, here is what I have: #primary-nav ul.main-nav.nosearch {margin-top: -105px; margin-left: 690px;} #cred {display:none;} #dcol-pad {text-align:center;} .home #feature_slider { width: 980px; height: 275px; margin:15px; margin-top: -20px; } .home #feature_slider { float: right; } #page-canvas {background-image: url('http://windwhippedfarm.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Alexs-tree-Jan_00011.jpg'); background-repeat: no-repeat; margin:15px; } h6.site-description {margin-left: 205px; font-size: 1em; } #nav_row.main_nav, ul.sf-menu ul li { border-bottom: 0px; } #feature_slider .fcontent .dcol-pad { height: 270px; padding: 40px 30px 20px; margin: -15px; width:40px; } .home #feature_slider { top-padding: 15px; bottom-padding:15px; } .entry_content { width: 400px; float: right;} #morefoot{background:gray;} h3.widget-title {font-family:Reenie Beanie; color:#000000; font-size:18px; text-align:center;} a.site-title { font-size: 3em; margin-left: 140px; border-bottom: 1px solid; } Thks!

#10 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:14 PM

Try changing this:

To this:

...and check how it affects the pages other than the Contact page.

#11 windwhippedfarm

windwhippedfarm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:34 PM

Great, it worked, many thanks for your help!