• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 viveksweet

viveksweet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:26 AM

Hey guys, I'm trying to find a plugin to create a photo gallery on my site but the tricky thing is that I want people to be able to download them easily for wallpapers.. any suggestions?

#2 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 01:27 PM

Hey Ben,
Have you checked the WordPress repository? That would be the best place to start. NextGen is a good gallery plugin, and it may have an add-on that allows this.

#3 viveksweet

viveksweet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 02:19 PM

I looked around a lot but haven't found the right one.

#4 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:23 PM

That's a good question. I know there are plugins for NextGen to allow UPLOADS, but I have never come across a photo plugin that provides an easy interface for downloads. Honestly when I'm trying to find a plugin, as tedious as it sounds, I do a broad search in the repository and just read all the descriptions until I find what I'm looking for. I have to believe there is one out there that does what you're looking for, good luck!

#5 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 April 2011 - 04:49 PM

Ben, I am not aware of any plugins that allow a download option, but an alternative solution might be to provide direct image URL links to the wallpapers and have the visitor right click + set as desktop wallpaper (if you don't mind that).

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 April 2011 - 04:49 PM

Ben, I am not aware of any plugins that allow a download option, but an alternative solution might be to provide direct image URL links to the wallpapers and have the visitor right click + set as desktop wallpaper (if you don't mind that).