• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 deenott

deenott

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:50 PM

I read one solution to put a line of code in the HTML that actually made it go away...but it came back...with a vengeance!

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:31 PM

You should be able to just go to SETTINGS - DISCUSSIOn and disable comments on pages.

#3 deenott

deenott

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 12:19 AM

Don't see that option in the settings for discussion..is it worded differently and maybe i'm missing it!

#4 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2011 - 02:35 AM

Are you using WordPress 3.1? The "Discussions" section is disabled by default for some reason, so to turn it back on click edit on any page (doesn't matter which one) and click the "screen options" tab in the top right and check off the discussions radio box. Now you should see the option to disable comments on pages.

#5 phantomjack

phantomjack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 07:39 PM

Hey, I'm getting this problem as well. I have tried doing so through "Discussions" but to no avail.

#6 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:35 PM

That's strange. Okay well you'll need to go the Pages tab. Select all the pages and bulk edit. Then uncheck "allow comments"

#7 deenott

deenott

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:12 PM

Ok...I got it...I didn't find it until I went to the Pages tab and hit "quick edit" on the page I wanted to remove the comment form. ( bulk edit didn't reveal any way to uncheck "allow comments")
over to the right side where it says Parent Order Template just below Template there is an option to turn off Comments !!! Wow..that just took way too long to find! LOL

#8 mickeboy89

mickeboy89

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 02:17 PM

Just wanted to say thanks as I has this issue, too. I followed Deborah's lead. Works for me!

#9 deenott

deenott

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 02:08 AM

Cool Mick..good to know I was able to help out!

#10 rickyf

rickyf

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:23 PM

Thanks. This worked for me. I was getting tons of comment spam on my static pages. Now I hope to get none.