4 replies to this topic

#1 acuitas

acuitas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 21 March 2011 - 07:30 PM

Say...can someone give me an idea of the smartest thing I could do in Platform Pro when I want to keep the text based title and description, but I want to put a full width banner graphic or photo behind it? I would be grateful. Thank you.

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:16 PM

Generally you can change the thumbnail size under Settings - Media Then you can use some CSS to position the thumbnail absolutely. A link to your site would help too

#3 acuitas

acuitas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:54 PM

cmuns Thanks for responding. I don't think I described my question well enough. I am talking about putting a banner graphic behind the title and description at the top of the pages, the branding area. 1,000 pixels wide by 200 pixels high. It needs to be in a background to go behind the title and description. Where should I insert code or otherwise to make that happen? Thanks again for listening.

#4 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:20 PM

Oh then you want to brush up on some CSS. Upload an image to your server and use the background property on this selector `#branding .content {background....}`

#5 acuitas

acuitas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 23 March 2011 - 03:59 PM

Thank you most kindly. Perfect answer. I get bitten by the FireBug sometimes and loose focus, but fortunately, I do know CSS pretty well. ;-)