• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ayopa

ayopa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 08:32 PM

I am a beginner to css, and I am trying to learn how to modify the child theme so i can customize the canvas area. My question is: where do I insert the CSS changes? Do I open the base.css or style.css file (of the child theme), and then where exactly in that file do I start inserting the changes? thanks very much

#2 kastelic

kastelic

Advocate

• Members

• 3081 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:50 PM

The best places are either in the Custom Code -> Custom CSS section of your backend settings (recommended for beginners) , or in base.css. CSS rules "cascade" meaning rules affecting an element override rules that are located above them in the file. So if you want to override a rule, place it at the bottom. If you want to change a rule, just change any rule you want. Putting the code in Custom CSS places it effectively below all the other CSS files, so anything you put here will override.

#3 cmodesign

cmodesign

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 10:39 PM

I am trying to change the font style of the headings in the footer. I want to make them smaller, bold, and blue. I have tried editing the theme.css, base.css, and pasting the code directly into Custom Code > CSS Rules. Non of this seems to work. I used FireBug to find the CSS element.

This is the code I am trying to use:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I have PlatformPro 1.3.2 uploaded to my theme directory "platformpro" (all lowercase). This theme is NOT activated. I have PlatformBase 1.3.2 uploaded to my theme directory "platformbase" (all lowercase). The Base theme IS activated.

#4 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.0

Posted 18 March 2011 - 10:58 PM

They are a h3, try `#footer .widget-title h3 {}`

#5 cmodesign

cmodesign

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 01:04 AM

I tried adding the h3 tag but that didn't make any difference either. I used both the Custom Code > CSS Rules and uploading a revised base.css file.

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 March 2011 - 04:02 PM

Try this one instead:

#7 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2011 - 04:03 PM

Christian, Can we get a link to your site?