5 replies to this topic

#1 groundfresh

groundfresh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 03:44 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Im trying to tweak the feature slider CSS to work with images that are not 960pixels wide. Slide one = 960px wide (works fine) Slide Two = 633px wide (obviously janky) My firebug skills are spent. Anyone know how I can get the more narrow image to always flush left in the feature area? thanks, James

#2 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 03:55 AM

Hmm, would this look good? Wouldn't it be better to crop, size or add margins to images to size them at 960 and keep everything consistent? Thanks, Bryan

#3 groundfresh

groundfresh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 04:11 AM

Bryan, yes - it really would.. but Im trying to build this thing so someone without Photoshop can add images to the feature area on the left - and overflow is hidden. Im afraid this client wont have the particular savvy to add white space to the image to make it 960 width. So on Slide One - all I did was fill the right side of that image with blank canvas (so that its 960px wide) Does that make sense?

#4 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 05:04 AM

There's some inline CSS that needs to be adjusted: ` element.style { background: url("http://summerhouse.groundfresh.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/carousel_one_image2.jpg") no-repeat scroll center top transparent; } ` `center` needs to be changed to `left` The feature may be a core file now that needs adjusting. I'll have a developer clarify the proper solution here. Thanks, Bryan

#5 groundfresh

groundfresh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:41 AM

Bryan, any further thoughts here on this one? thanks, James

#6 groundfresh

groundfresh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:48 AM

Answered my own question. Changes the "section.features.php" file from center to Left. Now if there was a way to do it through the child theme that would be peachy keen! James