• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 empireandserafin

empireandserafin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 08:21 PM

Hello, After many hours of trawling through the forum, I am still unable to find the code required to change the size of my h1, h2, h3 headers. I have tried a number of variations in css from this.... h1,h2,h3 { font-family:'Tangerine',arial,serif; font-size:28px; font-style:normal; font-weight:400; letter-spacing:0; line-height:1em; text-decoration:none; text-shadow:none; text-transform:none; word-spacing:0; } to this... h1{font-size:22px} h2{font-size:18px} h3{font-size:16px} h4{font-size:14px} p{font-size:12px} ...and a few other variations as suggested on the forum for changing sizes. Nothing words! Still have very small Tangerine font for header... I also did download firebug, but it had to be the lite version as I only have safari, and this does not seem to give me the features needed to make changes to code to then cut and paste into css? And just as a last resort, I tried to enter code in the Typography Additional Selectors and I could change the size....but the font style (tangerine) disappeared. I am entirely new to code (and bought platform to avoid it!) but grateful for assistance to change something so basic as font sizes. Cheers, Claire

#2 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 01:24 AM

Firebug will save you now and in the future:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thanks, Bryan

#3 empireandserafin

empireandserafin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:50 AM

Thanks Bryan - yep, have firebug and know what element of my page I want to change, but the css code to affect the change does not seem to work. The code contained at w3schools.com/css (very helpful resource - thanks) works on their example/test page but not when I enter it into platformpro custom css... h1 {font-size:250%;} h2 {font-size:200%;} h3 {font-size:200%;} or this one h1 {font-size:40px;} h2 {font-size:30px;} h3 {font-size:14px;} So could I please ask you to take pity on a complete an utter css newbie and tell me what I am missing or what on earth the magic code is to make my h3 header font size larger? Cheers, Claire

#4 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:20 PM

A lot of the headers have specific sizes set up that will not change by simply changing the global headers. It's likely that some are changing but not all. so for the ones that aren't take another look with FireBug and you'll see more e.g. `h3.widget-title{}` etc.

#5 empireandserafin

empireandserafin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 10:49 AM

Sorted. Thank you.