Photo
- - - - -

CSS in widgets

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 dscouron

dscouron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 03:40 PM

I'm having trouble figuring out why the css doesn't apply to the html that you add to text widgets. For instance, I've been trying to style individual links that are in my footer widgets and i've been trying to use something like `class="a2"` where a2 has a specific setting in the css, but it doesn't seem to carry over any of the css into the widgets. Any ideas?

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 03:26 AM

Sorry for the delay... its all about hierarchy in CSS... can you give us a live link?

#3 dscouron

dscouron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 01:06 AM

live link is http://blackdoglegal.com and it's the text in the middle widget of the footer section. I've tried it a couple different ways but have yet to get desired results. I'm trying to have the font color set to #000 and then change to another color when hovered. Is there a way to accomplish this solely in the html widget?

#4 jnoh

jnoh

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 02:12 AM

This is a beautifully done site. Add this code to the custom CSS Code: #morefoot .textwidget a {color:#000;} #morefoot .textwidget a:hover {color:#333;}

#5 dscouron

dscouron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 03:25 AM

Works perfectly. Thanks for the kind words. Trying to finish up the details but I have to say that the theme is great.