Migrating to a new site

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 johndennis

johndennis

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:19 PM

I am trying to migrate my site from one url to another. When I export and import my data through wordpress the station pro feature information do not appear on the new site. Is there a procedure for migrating wordpress sites with the stationpor theme?

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 08:47 PM

You could look into some of the plugins out there that assist with this and do a better job of the WP export/import.

#3 johndennis

johndennis

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:47 PM

For now I have figured out how to make this work for future uploads. I still can't make it work when I change the name of my url. I think there is a hook in pagelines that resets the pagelines_options record in the wp_options table if you change the url (like a check sum field based on the Url) If anyone wants to know how to set up a development environment on their windows based pc and then upload to a site without having to re-enter the features and sidebar stuff, email me and I'll tell you how. A bit of work to set it up but easy after you have done it once. John@smilecville.com

#4 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 02:29 AM

There are a number of things to do with migrating and a number of ways; - Back everything up; theme setting (first), database, files and folders - Open the db backup file and do a find and replace on the URL change - Setup the new db and reflect the new details in wp-config.php - Import the db file - Upload all the files and folders - Restore theme settings from backup I've done many migrations and almost no matter what there will be at least a small hiccup where you have to adjust a folders permissions, reset a plugin, add a setting back etc. (they of course won't tell you that over at WordPress but you should definitely have a look at the official instructions:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

) Thanks, Bryan