• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 bweatherill

bweatherill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 04:51 AM

at http://www.weatherills.com/ I have posts with comments that will display with other themes, but with station and stationpro, they will not display and new comments cannot be added..

Help!? known problem? My screwup? I'm not sure.

#2 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:23 AM

There's something wrong. Have you made any PHP or CSS customizations? Can you check your theme settings and double check that comments are enabled? Thanks, Bryan

#3 bweatherill

bweatherill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:03 AM

Nope, no customizations.. and changing themes fixes it immediately.. changing from Station to StationPro, however gives me the same problem. A complete reinstall of wordpress and the themes fixes it for a short while, then the problem returns.. I can't keep deleting everything and redoing it :)

#4 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 01:25 PM

Hi Brian, Do you have any plugins installed? If so, could you try disabling those and seeing if the problem is gone. If it is, try re-enabling them one by one to find the culprit.

#5 bweatherill

bweatherill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:56 PM

Nope.. with all plugins disabled, its the same story.. please feel free to look at the site, its nothing special.. and no customizations at the coding level

#6 kastelic

kastelic

Advocate

• Members

• 3081 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 02:29 AM

Very strange... Have you validated your site? http://validator.w3.org/ Sometimes unclosed tags can make things disappear.

#7 fj4ril

fj4ril

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Framework Version:2.4

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:37 PM

Hello, I've the same problem, though I don't have any comment yet. And nowhere to comment... Plattform Pro

#8 kastelic

kastelic

Advocate

• Members

• 3081 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 12:35 AM

Charlotte, can you post a link to your site?

#9 bweatherill

bweatherill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 06:46 PM

Well there's an error, but it's not in code I've put in there :) this looks like the most likely suspect, as it looks like its handling comments at some level.. (URL I used to validate is listed in previous comments) # Warning Line 384, Column 196: cannot generate system identifier for general entity "entryId" ??¦rd_front_end.php?wid=" + widgetId + "&entryId=" + entryId, { width: 680, heigh??¦ ??‰ An entity reference was found in the document, but there is no reference by that name defined. Often this is caused by misspelling the reference name, unencoded ampersands, or by leaving off the trailing semicolon (;). The most common cause of this error is unencoded ampersands in URLs as described by the WDG in "Ampersands in URLs". Entity references start with an ampersand (&) and end with a semicolon (;). If you want to use a literal ampersand in your document you must encode it as "&" (even inside URLs!). Be careful to end entity references with a semicolon or your entity reference may get interpreted in connection with the following text. Also keep in mind that named entity references are case-sensitive; &Aelig; and æ are different characters. If this error appears in some markup generated by PHP's session handling code, this article has explanations and solutions to your problem. Note that in most documents, errors related to entity references will trigger up to 5 separate messages from the Validator. Usually these will all disappear when the original problem is fixed.

#10 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 08:58 PM

There is an option somewhere controlling this. When I view the source I see this line: `
` You see the extra class there is obviously for NOT showing the comments. Double check the page settings.. Here is the PHP `comment_status) echo "nocommentform";?>">` So comments 1. need to be open 2. you need to have them.

#11 bweatherill

bweatherill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:42 AM

cmunns gave me what I needed to find what I think is a bug.. If the comments are set to be automatically closed after 14 days, you can't SEE the comments after 14 days either.. Is anyone more capable than me able to repro this? But I have a workaround (Dont close comments after 14 days) and Im happy.. Definitely now getting my reg

#12 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:58 PM

Glad you got it Brian. You could delete the conditionals all together from the PHP around the comments code if you want them to always show...just a thought