• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 vaughanmoore

vaughanmoore

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:08 PM

Hello, I'm really new. I've searched for posts on this topic and found one that I want to duplicate. It's below:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I grabbed Philip's background image just for testing purposes and will change it after I've gotten the right look. Kate posted her CSS changes, but of course they were specific to Philip's site. They are below: #primary-nav{background:#ffffff;-moz-border-radius-topleft:10px;-moz-border-radius-topright:10px;border-top-right:10px;border-top-left-radius:10px;padding-top:10px;} #branding{background:transparent !important;} #header{background:transparent !important;} #page-main{background:#ffffff;} #page-main{background:transparent !important;} #primary-nav .texture {background-color:transparent !important;} My site is:

Any help would be much appreciated. I'm looking into how to use Firebug, but as I said, I'm new. Vaughan

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:31 PM

You need these selectors for the corners; `.fixed_width #page, .fixed_width #footer, .canvas #page-canvas {}`

#3 vaughanmoore

vaughanmoore

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 03:00 AM

I had some success. This rounds the corners of my page: #page{ -moz-border-radius-topleft:50px; -moz-border-radius-topright:50px; border-top-right:150px; border-top-left-radius:50px; padding-top:10px;} The other selectors, or adding .fixed-page, didn't work. I'm not able to make the header transparent and round the corners of the nav. Any additional help would be appreciated.

#4 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 03:55 AM

Apologies, I don't understand what you still need help with if you can guide me... Thanks, Bryan

#5 vaughanmoore

vaughanmoore

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:30 PM

Thanks Bryan, I want my site to look like this one:

Do you see how the rounded corners are at the edge of the primary nav area rather than at the top of the header? I'd like my rounded edges there and the header area to to transparent so my logo is on top of the background image rather than the white page area. My site is:

Any further help would be greatly appreciated. Vaughan

#6 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 08:50 PM

If a selector isn't working try adding `body` to the front it to make it stick. Not sure why only one of your corners are rounded now, but the selectors I originally provided should work assuming you get them to take precedence.

#7 kristjan72

kristjan72

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:43 PM

I've been playing around with this code too, and even though I'm very much at the copy-paste-see-what-happens level of CSS, I think I see where your going wrong, Vaughan border-top-right:150px; border-top-left-radius:50px; this should be border-top-right-radius:50px; border-top-left-radius:50px; hope that fixes it for you!

#8 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 03:45 AM

Thanks Kristjan, first karma point just for helping out. Thanks, Bryan