• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 luispelayol2digitalcom

luispelayol2digitalcom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:31 PM

I have posts that I am using the JWPlayer plugin to embed videos in. I am using the JWPlayer shortcodes. When I run a search and posts with video in them show up, there is no video, just the poster image I supply for the video. When I click on the post title and go to the individual post page, everything works fine. So I was wondering how to get the videos to show up on the search results page, or is this a problem with the JWPlayer plugin?

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:12 PM

Depends on how you are showing posts on the blog page. Also might be related to the plugin options, but I'm not sure which with little info.

#3 luispelayol2digitalcom

luispelayol2digitalcom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:42 PM

The JWPlayer plugin works on the single post page, and the blog page. It's only on the search results page that it isn't working. I have been looking at _posts.php to see if I could find anything that renders the shortcode before jwplayer gets to it but so far I haven't spotted anything. http://l2digital.com/?s=sizzle That's the page I am having problems with. If you go to the single post page from there you will see how the video is supposed to load. From what I can tell something gets to the jwplayer shortcode before the jwplayer plugin gets a chance to run, but that is really just a guess at this point.

#4 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 04:08 AM

Before pursuing further (an overly complicated solution) is there a reason you want this? User-friendly use would be a quick list for people to quickly find what they want. Perhaps a video search feature might be better?: http://wordpress.org...?q=video search Thanks, Bryan

#5 luispelayol2digitalcom

luispelayol2digitalcom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 06:01 PM

It is what the client wants to use on the site.

#6 kastelic

kastelic

Advocate

• Members

• 3081 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:47 AM

Luis, have you looked into the video search plugin Bryan mentioned. Will that work for you?

#7 ezfacility

ezfacility

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 06:45 PM

I am having this same issue. We would like to show the full blog posts on /tag/ pages but when we do if there is are any players embedded the shorthand is displayed instead of the actual player. We are using iBlogPro but seems to be the same issue. Does this sound like a limitation of the theme or the JWPlayer for WP plugin?

#8 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:56 PM

It might strip tags...what if you set it in the excerpt portion of the post instead of having it auto shorten via the content?