Have Slow Load Times? Read this please.
Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:12 AM
2. Install WP Super Cache and Enable in the plugins settings:
3. Install WP Minify:
- Do not use if you've deep integrated with bbPress
- You need to exclude the main stylesheet in the plugins settings from being minified; for example:
4. Again, run your site through: - Compare the results with the first to see improvements
- WP Super Cache get's better the longer it's used.
- Slow speeds can also be caused by too many plugins, hosting storage/bandwidth limitations or a poor host in general, slow internet/computer speeds, heavy graphics files and Flash, poor markup and customizations - check for errors:
- Look for more tips elsewhere:
and be sure to share your own experiences and enhancement tips below.
Posted 09 March 2011 - 09:31 PM
Posted 10 March 2011 - 12:23 AM
Settings > WP Minify
You'll then see a CSS Exclusion field/textarea - drop the URL to your main stylesheet there.
In some cases, you'll simply just need to exclude CSS from being minified altogether.
Posted 16 March 2011 - 06:38 PM
Posted 17 March 2011 - 03:10 AM
Posted 17 March 2011 - 06:11 PM
Posted 18 March 2011 - 04:03 AM
Posted 25 March 2011 - 02:53 AM
Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:50 PM
Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:20 PM
Posted 30 March 2011 - 08:18 PM
Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:50 AM
Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:57 PM
Posted 01 April 2011 - 11:24 AM
I have some questions, Hope you can help me my web is too slow. I am not an expert in code.
1. I applied the procedure indicated in the beginning but i just found the file:
I didn't find anything like ....themes/platformbase/style.css?ver=x.x (with the version) . Am I using the right file?
2. I am using Buddypress and multisite . I am using platformbase in the main web. The others have , ,etc
are using platformpro
(I read in other part of the forum that the child them should be activated only in the main site)
When I activated the plugin WP-minify I activated for the network, but when I put the file
that site was a mess. I have disable the option "Enable CSS Minification"
Should be another file CSS?, should this only be done on the main site (root), should I use child theme in all sites?
3. I run CSS: as a recommendation indicated in the beginning of this entry. I found a lots of errors (see pic) . it seems that comes form the template. Is this the way it should look?
The template is great but sometimes seems too complicated. Please advice!
Posted 02 April 2011 - 04:17 AM
Posted 02 April 2011 - 05:43 PM
Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:52 PM
Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:21 PM