• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 jhawk

jhawk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 07:48 PM

Upgraded to 1.3.1. I have not enabled dropdown menues. But before the sub-menues where shown below the main menu when you clicked an item. Now there is nothing? Is there a new setting I am missing?

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3252 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 04 March 2011 - 08:03 PM

Sub menus are now managed with the secondary nav section . It allows you to use meta options to select a menu that you've created under the 'menus' panel.

#3 halsey

halsey

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 09:13 PM

I'm having this same problem and have tried a bunch of things to no avail. I added the Sub Navigation Section to my Header Template and looked in the Menu WP page to see if there were any obvious things to change to enable the subnav, but didn't see anything.
I have one menu created that has two levels; the drop downs work fine, but when I click on one item, it no longer displays the subnav. Any specific settings to adjust?
Thanks.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#4 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3252 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 09:24 PM

There is a meta setting on pages and posts, and one under blog settings for 'posts' pages. The setting allows you to 'select' a WP menu to use as secondary navigation Super easy once you see it.

#5 halsey

halsey

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 09:59 PM

yeah, I saw those, but was hoping that there would be something a bit more automatic like it used to be. before, I set up one menu with two tiers and the second tier was displayed below the main nav whenever I clicked on any of the second tier links. and whichever page was active was conveniently highlighted in the subnav. it was all very neat and straight-forward. I'm not sure if I understand this correctly, but it seems that I now have to build additional menus and assign them to individual pages rather than using the handy tiering method provided by WP. Is this the case that everything is more manual for building subnavs now, or am I still missing something?! Thanks!

#6 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3252 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:52 AM

@Halsey, yes, the new way is WAY more CMS friendly as it doesn't rely on WP page hierarchy. With the old way it was impossible to have the same page in two sub navigations, for example.

#7 halsey

halsey

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:47 PM

OK, thanks for letting me know. I certainly see how this method is more flexible, albeit a little harder to setup...no biggie, I've got it all working fine at this point. appreciate the help.

#8 toferrall

toferrall

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 02:39 AM

i want to set up the same thing but I don't have the optino beyond "-select-" there is no other option showing and i do have sub navs? Any help?

#9 optionease

optionease

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:09 AM

The problem with this new sub nav in 1.3.1 is that the selected subnav is not highlighted or any other indication of what subnav is currently active.

#10 aharon

aharon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:00 PM

Yeah dude this new subnav is for the birds. At least make it an optional change.

#11 aharon

aharon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:04 PM

Is there even any documentation on how to do this? It was automatic before. Help.

#12 aharon

aharon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:12 PM

I think I'm understanding it now... Sorry for the lashing out, it totally threw me off and I panicked.