• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mjmagett

mjmagett

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 05:03 PM

Hi- Weird deal here in Platform Pro. WP files are in subdirectory of site. Successfully moved index.php and .htaccess files, and modified index to pick up the header in the subdirectory. All works great, except that in Safari on the Mac only, and on the homepage only, the navigation won't pick up the Google font we are using. I've tried everything, and am pulling out what's left of my hair. Please see

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Incidentally, at the same time it dropped the on-state for current menu item from all BUT the homepage, and in all browsers. This I was able to resolve. Thanks.

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 08:20 PM

It does look slightly different, but that's because every browser renders fonts slightly different. Is this what you're talking about? Or did you temporarily disable the feature?

#3 mjmagett

mjmagett

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 09:30 PM

Thanks for the input. The issue is inconsistency - this is definitely not a browser issue, as the font is rendered properly on the on-state nav tab, as well as all tabs of lower level pages. Just can't get it to stick on the homepage. Any ideas?

#4 kastelic

kastelic

Advocate

• Members

• 3081 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 01:33 AM

I've had issues with Safari on Mac being the only browser to affect something. Try putting a CSS rule in there specifying the font and just make it as absolutely specific as possible.

#5 mjmagett

mjmagett

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 04:45 AM

How about this for complete weirdness: it looks fine on the iPhone, using Safari. Go figure. Gonna try a more specific rule than the 10 variations I've already tried.

#6 mjmagett

mjmagett

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 05:19 AM

Still not working. Check out the site and notice that the active nav item is proper font, as are any nav items or sub nav items when on hover. It's just the standard 'a' state that doesn't go. And only on the homepage. And only in Safari. The thing that's eating me up is that it all worked fine when the index.php file was in the same directory as the wordpress files. Now, as noted above, it's one level up, at the root. Does this ring any bells?

#7 mjmagett

mjmagett

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 06:23 AM

Turns out to be a Flash compatibility thing. We are running a YouTube video on this page. When I either disable Flash in Safari, or ditch the video, everything renders fine. Crazy. Bug. Gonna go scream into a pillow now...