Photo
- - - - -

WP/BBpress Deep Integration Confusion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 thelobbyist

thelobbyist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:48 AM

I've gotten my install of WP and BBPress installed and integrated. Cookie integration, cross log-in integration, BBpress integration plug-in installed and working, etc. Everything works perfectly.

But before I start installing my theme and forum theme I want to get Deep Integration working so that I know the install is bullet proof before I start modding it.

So far I've had no luck, and there seems to be a great deal of confusion on this issue.

If I follow the info in the install directions they send me to BBpress which tells me I need to insert the comment:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

When I come to these forums people are saying that I need to enter this comment:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

My file setup is root/forums/[bbpressfiles]. I have no idea what to do other than the fact that I know something like the above code has to go right before the closing php tag in the bb-config.php file.

I'm completely lost on this and need some tips please.

Using bbPress 1.0.2 and WP 2.9.2

#2 thelobbyist

thelobbyist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:49 AM

Just in case it's needed. Site is conservativecongress.com and conservativecongress.com/forums

#3 thelobbyist

thelobbyist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:34 AM

Resolved. Needed this snippet: require_once('../wp-blog-header.php'); Was sending it to the root and just needed to go one step up.