Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WP/BBpress Deep Integration Confusion

Question

Posted · Report post

I've gotten my install of WP and BBPress installed and integrated. Cookie integration, cross log-in integration, BBpress integration plug-in installed and working, etc. Everything works perfectly. But before I start installing my theme and forum theme I want to get Deep Integration working so that I know the install is bullet proof before I start modding it. So far I've had no luck, and there seems to be a great deal of confusion on this issue. If I follow the info in the install directions they send me to BBpress which tells me I need to insert the comment:

require_once('/../wp-blog-header.php');
When I come to these forums people are saying that I need to enter this comment:
require_once('/../wp-blog-header.php');

My file setup is root/forums/[bbpressfiles]. I have no idea what to do other than the fact that I know something like the above code has to go right before the closing php tag in the bb-config.php file. I'm completely lost on this and need some tips please. Using bbPress 1.0.2 and WP 2.9.2

2 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Just in case it's needed. Site is conservativecongress.com and conservativecongress.com/forums

Posted · Report post

Resolved. Needed this snippet: require_once('../wp-blog-header.php'); Was sending it to the root and just needed to go one step up.