- - - - -

How to add another sidebar(2) on the left side of iBlogPro3?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:02 PM

I am using iBlogPro3 theme and love it! Now if it's possible, I would like to add a sidebar to the left side. Can anyone help me out on how to??? I came across this topic...

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Im not sure if thats the same direction I am heading. I went into editor and checked in function.php and sidebar.php. I'm not sure what to edit or change as it looks different from the how to links I found below. I found these posts, but dunno if it's correct to do.

Any links or help would be great. I hope it's possible to do! Thanks

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:08 AM

Its possible. did you want to do it on all your pages or just some?

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:07 AM

Hey! I would like to have it done with all pages. But how hard would it be to setup for just the main page? How would you do this? Thanks!

#4 jnoh

jnoh

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:40 AM

Hm, it would require some additional code in a few areas. you'll have to register a new sidebar and also add the code to the page template.

#5 jnoh

jnoh

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:43 AM

Would you possibly be interested in having us do some custom work for you? if so email us at hello@pagelines.com!

#6 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:19 PM

@jnoh Hey! Yes, it would require some coding which I tried to do already and I did try to register a new sidebar. I copied a previous sidebar and try to change the sidebar to 2 in functions.php I think. Then in style.cc, I tried to change some stuff lol I backed everything up and restored afterwards because I was starting to get lost what I was doing :P Custom work would be helpful. I'm just curious to how it would turn out with having 2 sidebars with iBlogPro3. If it would be really junky or if widgets will properly work. I don't see any problems though... Does anyone have links or examples of iBlogpro3 with 3 columns/2 sidebars?? Email has been sent. Thanks for ur help.