Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Tertiary sidebar problem

Question

19 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

I don't even see it on that page? Did you drag the tertiary sidebar into either Sidebar1 or Sidebar2 template area in the template setup options panel?

Posted · Report post

Yes, I tried everything, I've put it in Sidebar1, and also in Sidebar2....

Posted · Report post

Sure this is possible with CSS. Please get setup with Firebug: http://www.pagelines.com/docs/changing-colors-fonts Basically, we would identify the page ID, in this case it's: `34` which gives it a class of: `page-id-34` Basically we would do this: ` #tertiary-sidebar{display:none} .page-id-34 #tertiary-sidebar{display:inline} ` `#tertiary-sidebar` probably isn't correct, I would be sure what we need once you actually have it set. Thanks, Bryan

Posted · Report post

Maybe one more interesting thing.... When I go to Page-Edit, in PageLines Section Control, and when I chose not to hide Tertiary sidebar, and then click 'update' it returns to old settings with 'hide tertiary sidebar' option checked? Why?

Posted · Report post

@Bryan: What exactly I need to set? I can't see code, bcs I don't see tertiary sidebar

Posted · Report post

@elena, have you added widgets to that sidebar? Also, did you see the options under 'advanced' on the template setup settings page? *(where you drag and drop sections)

Posted · Report post

Yes, I've added widgets. Under advanced options everything is setup ok.

Posted · Report post

hmmm, I don't know. I use these plugins: - Better Tag Cloud - Contact Form 7 - MapPress Easy Google Maps - Page Tagger - Twitter for Wordpress - Twitter Goodies - Widget Logic - WP125 Also, I use this custom css:

#tertiary-sidebar{display:none}
	.page-id-34 #tertiary-sidebar{display:inline}
	#tertiary-sidebar
	#header{height:190px}
	#primary-nav{margin-top:-30px}
	.site-title, .site-description{display:none}
	#menu-glavni-nav-meni  #menu-item-260 {margin-left:120px}
	.contact23 a:link {color:#777777;text-decoration:none;}
	.contact23 a:visited {color:#777777;text-decoration:none;}
	.contact23 a:hover {color:#BB0519;text-decoration:none;}
	.contact23 a:active {color:#BB0519;text-decoration:none;}
	.highlight #sidebar{display:none}
	.search #sidebar_primary, #sidebar_tertiary {display:none}
	.author #sidebar_primary, #sidebar_tertiary {display:none}
	.tag #sidebar_primary, #sidebar_tertiary {display:none}
	.category #sidebar_primary, #sidebar_tertiary {display:none}
	.search #morefoot{display:none}
	.author #morefoot{display:none}
	.tag #morefoot{display:none}
	.category #morefoot{display:none}
	#twitterbar{width:100%;}
	body{}

Is there some file where I can check <head>?

Posted · Report post

There are a number of problems with your CSS including adding what I was showing you as just an example. This is clearly a CSS problem though looking at all your original CSS. I've cleaned up your CSS (please backup your old CSS before replacing it with the updated CSS): ` .site-title, .site-description, .highlight #sidebar, #sidebar_tertiary, #sidebar_primary, .search #morefoot, .author #morefoot, .tag #morefoot, .category #morefoot{display:none} .page-id-34 #sidebar_tertiary, .page-id-34 #sidebar_primary{display:inline} #header{height:190px} #primary-nav{margin-top:-30px} #menu-glavni-nav-meni #menu-item-260{margin-left:120px} .contact23 a:link, .contact23 a:visited{color:#777777;text-decoration:none} .contact23 a:hover, .contact23 a:active{color:#BB0519;text-decoration:none} #twitterbar{width:100%} ` After updating let me know where you're at. Also, I figured (after looking at your site) that you were handling these tasks with CSS, what version of PlatformPro are you using? There is actually a much more efficient way of hiding things with the newest PlatformPro using Template Setup. In any case we'll get there one way or another. Thanks, Bryan

Posted · Report post

Hi Bryan, I use PlatformPro 1.2.3 I've put your css to custom css. Now, I still don't have tertiary sidebar on page 'projekti', but also all primary sidebars from all other pages are gone. (except on page 'blog' where secondary sidebar shows ok).

Posted · Report post

Try this code instead:

.site-title, .site-description, .highlight #sidebar,  #sidebar_primary, .search #morefoot, .author #morefoot, .tag #morefoot, .category #morefoot{display:none}
	.page-id-34 #sidebar_tertiary, .page-id-34 #sidebar_primary{display:inline}
	#menu-glavni-nav-meni #menu-item-260{margin-left:120px}
	.contact23 a:link, .contact23 a:visited{color:#777777;text-decoration:none}
	.contact23 a:hover, .contact23 a:active{color:#BB0519;text-decoration:none}
	#twitterbar{width:100%}

Posted · Report post

@Catrina: Now I have Tertiary sidebar on all pages, including blog page. I want it to show only on this page: http://hwt.hr/index.php/projekti Also, now I don't see Primary sidebar on all other pages except above one.

Posted · Report post

I'm starting to think you have your sidebars confused. If your sidebars are disappearing then you have tertiary set for all of them, but you think it's the primary and for that specific page you have a normal sidebar and not the tertiary. The CSS I provided is what you want (considering things were put together as you said^), it appears the only problem now is that for some reason on your http://hwt.hr/index.php/projekti page sidebars simply are not showing regardless anyways. Very important: check that individual pages/posts settings; scroll down and make sure that you don't have it checked to hide sidebars. It appears you have sidebar1 there, can you please put widgets in from: Appearance > Widgets. Also, are you using any plugins that attempt to handle widgets or sidebars in any way? Also, why is index.php in your URL's? Got to: Settings > Permalinks And set to custom structure: `/%postname%/` Thanks, Bryan

Posted · Report post

@Bryan, when I set it to

/%postname%/

it's shows me 'page not gound' error. As I sad before, when I go to Page-Edit, in PageLines Section Control, and when I chose not to hide Tertiary sidebar, and then click 'update' it returns to old settings with 'hide tertiary sidebar' option checked? Why? Also happen witho other checkboxes...

Posted · Report post

@Bryan, Catrina: I've try to do something similar (maybe not correct) but now it work!!!

.site-title, .site-description, .highlight #sidebar, #sidebar_tertiary, #sidebar_primary, .search #morefoot, .author #morefoot, .tag #morefoot, .category #morefoot{display:none}
	.page-id-34 #sidebar_tertiary{display:inline}
	.page-id-34 #sidebar_primary{display:none}
	.page-id-34 #sidebar_secondary{display:none}
	.page-id-43 #sidebar_primary{display:inline}
	.page-id-45 #sidebar_primary{display:inline}
	.page-id-31 #sidebar_primary{display:inline}
	.page-id-62 #sidebar_primary{display:inline}
	.page-id-65 #sidebar_primary{display:inline}
	.page-id-67 #sidebar_primary{display:inline}
	#menu-glavni-nav-meni #menu-item-260{margin-left:120px}
	.contact23 a:link, .contact23 a:visited{color:#777777;text-decoration:none}
	.contact23 a:hover, .contact23 a:active{color:#BB0519;text-decoration:none}
	#twitterbar{width:100%}

Posted · Report post

Can I ask you one more thing, it's diffrent problem but now when you see custom css you maybe help me.... On notebooks and desktop computers everything is shown ok, but on iPhone and iPad, this custom header heigh looks different. All content is moved up, so it goes over main nav menu. why is difference between these devices and other? can I fix it?

Posted · Report post

I'm glad you got your issue fixed, I'm surprised it was so difficult. I've seen this customization request many times before and solved it no problem. Technically, the right way to do this is hiding sidebars page by page using the section control. That of course can be very tedious and you'll have to do it every time you add new pages. The easiest way is with CSS tricks. If what you're using is working then great. Although what you're doing now just seems to be the same thing I was getting at just backwards, but let's not fuss with it anymore :). Also, another good tool is: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/widget-logic/ A website can look different in all sorts of various ways from setup to setup; different screen resolutions, color settings, even what operating system and browsers are being used. Designing websites to be cross-browser compatible is important, but no matter what you cannot control all your users making sure they have the latest Flash or JavaScript versions etc. - there are just so many variables. This is an unfortunate difficulty of web design no matter what I'm afraid. Thanks, Bryan